IFLA Satellite Meeting 2017 in Warsaw on August 16 – 17
Data Curator’s Roles and Responsibilities: International and Interdisciplinary Perspectives
16/08/2017: First Day
9:00 – 9:30 Registration
9:30 – 10:00: Conference Opening
- Welcome Address: Anna Maria Tammaro, Krystyna K. Matusiak
10:00 – 10:45: Keynote Speaker: Reinhard Altenhöner, Berlin State Library
Moderator: Alenka Kavčič – Čolić, IFLA Preservation and Conservation; National and University Library, Slovenia
10:45 – 11:00: Morning break
11:00 – 12:30: Session 1: Perspectives on the roles of data curators
Moderator: Krystyna K. Matusiak, IFLA Library Theory and Research, University of Denver
- Rosie Higman, University of Cambridge (UK). Let it go: The risks and rewards of researcher-led Research Data Management services.
- Dauta Nitecki, Drexel University (US), and Mary Ellen Davis, Association of College & Research Libraries (US). Expanding librarians’ roles in the research life cycle.
- Frank Andreas Sposito, University of Denver (US). What do data curators care about? The role of data quality in data curation services.
- Shali Zhang, University of Montana (US), Data curators: A glimpse at their roles at the academic libraries in the United States
12:30 – 14:00: Poster opening and lunch
14:00 – 15: 30: Session 2: Case studies of data curation services
Moderator: Terry Weech, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Clair M. Castle, University of Cambridge (UK). Adapting central RDM messages to discipline-specific needs at the Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge.
- Zhenjia Fan, Nankai University (China). Context-based roles and competencies of data curators in supporting data lifecycle: Multi-case study in China..
- Nancy Nhendodzashe, University of Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe), and Notice Pasipamire, National University of Science and Technology (Zimbabwe). Research data management services: Are academic libraries in Zimbabwe ready? The case of University of Zimbabwe library.
- Wayne Peters, King’s College London (UK), Library services and research data support at King’s College London.
15:30 – 15:45: Afternoon break
15:45 – 17:00: University and Library Tour
17:00 – 19:00: Dinner
19:10-21:00 – Warsaw city tour
17/08/2017: Second Day
9:00 – 09:45: Keynote Speaker: Sarah L. Shreeves, University of Miami Libraries
Moderator: Evviva Weinraub, IFLA Information Technology; Northwestern University
9:45 – 10:00 Morning break
10:00 – 11:30: Session 3: Technology and training
Moderator: Anna Maria Tammaro (IFLA Library Theory and Research; University of Parma
- Klaus Kempf, Bavarian State Library (Germany). Data curation – the real challenge for librarians and researchers.
- Young Ki Kim, Korea University (Korea). Data curation with autonomous data collection: A study on research guides at Korea University Library.
- Christie Peters, University of Kentucky (US). Reskilling academic librarians for data management services.
- David Wilcox, DuraSpace, (Canada). Stewarding research data with Fedora.
11:30 – 11:45: Second break
11:30 – 12:30: LTR Panel presentation on the Data Curation Project
- Anna Maria Tammaro, University of Parma
- Krystyna K. Matusiak, University of Denver
- Frank Andreas Sposito, University of Denver
- Terry Weech, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 14:00: Discussion and conclusion
Closing Keynote Speaker: Lynn Silipigni Connaway, OCLC, President of the Association of Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T)
15:30 – Assemble for museum/library visits