IFLA Satellite Meeting 2017 – Data Curator’s Roles and Responsibilities: International and Interdisciplinary Perspectives – will be held at the heart of Warsaw, the capital city of Poland. Due to the organization changes conference will be held at the University of Warsaw Library (University of Warsaw Library, Dobra str. 56/66, Rooms 315 and 316 (level 3), Warsaw, Poland (days 1 & 2). Warsaw University Library is situated just 5 minutes’ walk form the central campus of the University of Warsaw – a beautiful, historical place, one of the must see in Warsaw.
Warsaw is a city with rich history and a great heritage, offering a wide range of cultural events. It is well communicated thanks to the underground, train stations and many tram and bus lines (see the pricelist).
There are two airports in Warsaw:
- Warsaw Chopin Airport (commonly known as „Okęcie Airport”) for most connections, very close to the city center (access by train, city buses, taxi), and
- Warsaw Modlin Airport (for low-cost airlines, primarily Ryanair), outside the city center (access by shuttle buses, Koleje Mazowieckie train and dedicated shuttle bus, and taxi).
- HARENDA hotel – next to the conference venue, good standard, affordable;
- GROMADA HOTEL – walking distance from the conference venue, good standard, affordable;
- SOFITEL VICTORIA hotel – close to the conference venue, high standard and rather expensive;
- HERA hotel – belonging to the University of Warsaw (please mention to them that you are a university guest), low prices, not very close to the congress venue;
- LOGOS hotel – low prices, not far from the congress venue;
You may also look for accommodation in Warsaw on: